Monday, July 14, 2008

35 Weeks and Ultrasound

Today was out 35 week appointment and ultrasound. Mom drank her water as instructed but it was nearly impossible for her to hold her bladder much longer. Dad was so helpful and trying to document this experience but Mom was about to explode. She just wanted to get inside so they could get the ultrasound and she could pee. Mom's belly continues to grow and this view is the one Dad took in front of the doctor's office.



Once Mom and Dad got into the doctor, all went well. The ultrasound was great but I didn't cooperate too well because I am kind of squished in there and I kept putting my hand in front of my face. I am a little shy right now. Mom and Dad really enjoyed seeing me. I am positioned correctly but kind of curved in Mom's belly. Mom was certain that my feet were in her right ribs and the technician confirmed that was definitely why Mom's ribs were hurting. After the ultrasound, Mom and Dad saw the doctor. He did an exam and checked the heartbeat; all still is progressing as expected. There was only one minor glitch-he mentioned that after seeing the ultrasound, my due date is somewhere in between August 17-27 (originally the 17th). So he may have just added more days on! Doctor did say that all has progressed and even if I decided to come early August, all would be fine. Mom has her next appointment next week, since I am getting close to being born, she now has to go every week. It will be good because then Mom can see if she has dilated any to monitor my anticipated arrival.



Mom and Dad take their breastfeeding class tomorrow evening. We just all hope that it is not the same instructor from our childbirth class. They hope to get some additional information as the date draws nearer.

5 comments:

The Lils said...

You look great! If the baby comes early then you will get your body back and a beautiful buddle of joy and if the baby comes later well you will get a few more days of uniterrupted sleep. Either way the glass is always half full.

Damon + Maryam said...

Either way it's cool, but I'm sure pretty ready to meet your little one. At my last ultrasound my due date was changed to the 18th of September, not the 16th. No biggie really just two days and I refuse to go that long anyway.

Liz said...

Conner was due on the 1st, then changed to the 5th and ended up not coming until the 11th, which goes to show that you can NEVER predict what a baby is gonna do! It'll go by fast no matter how much longer you have, and like Casselle said...savor the extra sleep!!!

Midwify said...

You DO look great!!! Belly and all! ;) Your bundle of joy is almost here!

Unknown said...

You truly are looking so good! What a beautiful mom!