Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Full Term Appointment

Today Mom went for our weekly check up appointment with the doctor. It is not the most enjoyable thing to go have an exam every week, but it is kind of exciting to monitor my progress. The doctor told Mom that she is definitely thinned out but still no dilation. Darn! The doctor assured Mom that she has had an easy and smooth pregnancy and there, blood pressure fine, weight fine (at least that is what the doc says!), urine fine, and bloodwork fine. I guess Mom is just getting a little antsy for my arrival. He also mentioned to Mom that he will be out of town from the 10th-19th-right during my anticipated arrival! Mom got a little concerned but the doctor assured her his team would take care of her in the event I came then. He also mentioned that after Mom goes next week, he will set her up for non-stress tests to monitor that all is still well. While my original date was August 17, the doctor thinks I may arrive a little later. He told Mom not to worry, it is not uncommon for first time moms to go to the due date or after. At the appointment next week, the doctor said it should help us know which way he thinks things will go. So for now, he kind of anticipates that I am pretty comfy in Mom's belly and may need some more time to may my appearance. Our doctor keeps pictures of his babies on the boards in the board so soon enough, I will join them. We will see . . .



This week also resulted in a HUGE purchase for Mom and Dad. Since Mom's Trailblazer (which was only a lease) was due back on next Monday, they set out to find a vehicle to purchase. With much research, looking around, and help from my Uncle, Mom and Dad purchased our new Equinox. We think that it is going to be a great family car with plenty of room for me, my stroller, Mom and Dad, and bags for when we visit family.



We will continue to keep you posted on my progress!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its hard to wait on the baby to get here on their own due time if you are anxious you can try some tips to help speed baby along. You must love the new car, we recently bought a more family freindly car as well and I love all the space.

Damon + Maryam said...

Great new car. We're in the market for the ultimate mommy-mobile (a mini van) but we'll see. Like Casselle said, there are things you can try to get that baby moving, if you're interested.

Unknown said...

As I was reading this I started to get anxious for you. It's all so exciting! You will love having that space with the new car. Whenever we travel I say we're "moving the circus from one town to the next." It's amazing how much stuff a little one needs!

Liz said...

I remember my doc joking with me that he's never seen a baby refuse to come out(haha) so your little one WILL eventually make his/her appearance...but I understand the anxious feeling you have about not knowing exactly when! The new car looks really nice! Plenty of room to haul around all the "baby gear"! Looks you guys are ready for "B-Day"!!!!