Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Florida

I spent my first Christmas in Florida! On last Monday, we packed up and headed out for a week in Orlando with Dad's family to celebrate the holiday. We were all very excited but a little nervous about how I would be on my first plane ride. On the way down, I had my pacifier ready for the take off and I slept right through the landing, so I would say that I did pretty good.



Overall, it was a great week! I do have to say though, I am not sure why Mom and Dad chose living where it was cold, I much prefer Florida. I loved being outside and watching everything without having to be bundled up from head to toe. I even was able to sport my new sandals!



We did some shopping (mostly window shopping) and walking around. We also vistited some of the places around town. I was just along for the ride, so I just tried to take it all in. On Christmas day, we spent some time with the family and my Aunt even got me stocking from Epcot; I was very surprised and I really likes it, it was so soft. That evening, we went to a restaurant called T Rex in Downtown Disney for the holiday. It was a pretty cool place but there were dinosaurs everywhere. I needed a nap from a busy day, but these things just kept making noises.






One of the highlights of my trip was swimming for the first time. We all were not sure if I would enjoy it, being that my baths are not my favorite. Dad eased me in slowly but by the time Mom got in, I was having a blast. I even got brave enough to lay back in the water and let Mom float me around. Everyone at the pool just stopped and watched me, I guess they were curious how I would respond as well. I did use lots of sunscreen and Mom had even got me swimmer diapers so I was set. Dad got me the best hat and it even matched with my swimsuit, You know that is a must!








On Saturday of our trip, we visited with Mom's family on the coast. We drove down early and spent the day. My aunt had cooked lots of food and so we enjoyed that and visiting with family. I enjoyed meeting some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins for the first time. It was so much fun and I really loved hanging outside. It was sad to say goodbye, but we headed back that evening to pack and prepare for our departure back to the cold! I slept like a log most of the night in order to prepare for my plane trip back.




We woke up early this morning to head to the airport. We got there in plenty of time and found out that we had a delay because of winds back home. We took our time and got some breakfast and I caught a quick nap. Before we could even take off, I was enjoying another nap! I slept so good with Mom and despite a little girl behind us misbehaving the entire trip, I did not waver. I was not going to let her ruin my beauty sleep. She could cry and scream and act up, but not me, I was an angel. I slept almost the entire trip and woke up when the pilot said to prepare for descent! When I woke up, I was the talk of the passengers, I was smiling at everyone! They enjoyed me much more than the screaming girl behind me. At least for this time right? Well we made it back home safely and I am tucked in my bed for the night.

4 comments:

Damon + Maryam said...

I'm jealous. It looks like you guys had a wonderful, WARM time. I love the pics of her in the pool and it's great that she was so well behaved on the plane.

Liz said...

Sounds like the trip could not have gone any better! Glad you had such a nice Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a great trip! Isn't it fun to have such a good baby and to be able to be so proud as you walk by all the other airline passengers? Because YOU KNOW they were all expecting a screaming baby! Way to go!

The Lils said...

Is is just me or does this baby get cuter by the day!! I love all the pics esp the ones in the pool. Glad to here you had fun, sorry your back in the cold but at least now you know what to look forward this summer.