Monday, April 27, 2009

Lots of Fun

This past weekend, Mom and I ventured to Ohio to visit family and go to the circus. It was the first time that I traveled without both Mom and Dad so we were all unsure of how the trip would go. I did awesome! Mom was so proud. I slept and played all the way to Mamaw and Papaw's house.

Once we got there, we met up with my uncle, aunt, and two cousins. I love seeing them because we have so much fun. The purpose for our visit was to go to the circus that Mamaw had tickets to. We all put on our attire (from Mom's school where she got the tickets) and prepared to get on our way.


The circus was so fun. We got there early to wait in line and take part in the pre-circus activities. I am still a little too young but one of my cousins rode the elephant! How fun! Once the circus started, I had a blast. I loved to watch the lights all around the arena and my favorite act was the trapeze. I did not even blink during that act. It was sure a lot of fun. I had to catch a nap during the circus but once I got that, I was back in business for the second half.


Later that evening, we went to the "playpark" as my cousin calls it. He rode in the car, while my other cousin and I rode in the wagon. When we got there, they had lots of swings, slides, and play equipment, especially for toddlers. Well I may not be a toddler yet but since I had some help, I was able to ride the swing and try out the slide. We have got to find one of these "playparks" at home because it was so much fun.


On the ride back, I did pretty good again . . . UNTIL we almost got home and with about 10 minutes to go, I had it! I had been in that seat long enough. It was all ok when I arrived home and got to see my Daddy, who I missed this weekend.

My return home was quite joyous until I had to get up and go to the doctor this morning for my 9 month appointment. I am a little early but the doctor says that I am a very healthy baby. I had to get one shot and my blood taken. I told those nurses about it though and they knew I was upset with them. Other than that, I am doing alright! My stats today: 17 lbs, 10 oz and 28 inches long.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I want to stop over sometime this week so let me know what works for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

How fun! Lookin' good in your Panther attire. I know Mamaw loved having you there with your cousins.

The Lils said...

The cirrcus sounds like fun, we haven't done that but I think you've convinced us it is a must see.

Karen Conde said...

Love the pictures and know that Mamaw enjoyed having you two there to share the cirucs. By the way love the circus, so know it was fun for all of you. Play parks are great, we have gotten acquainted with them through Amanda.