Thursday, April 3, 2008

5 Month Doctor's Appointment

Well we all went for our 5 month appointment with the doctor last night and he said that all looks good. Mom and Dad were a little frustrated about having to wait so long in the waiting room before getting the see the doctor, but it was all worthwhile once we saw him. He checked Mom's belly and said that I am right at her belly button. Mom already knew that though because she has started feeling some movement. At least she thinks so, since it is her first, she isn't sure but I am moving around more and more inside her. Mom had also had some bloodwork done a couple of weeks ago, due to her age. One set of tests was a Quad test, where they check for spinal abnormalities, down syndrome, etc. The doctor said that things were good and all tests were fine. Then the doctor listened to my heartbeat some more and my heart is still beating quickly. It is always nice to see the smile on Mom and Dad's faces when they hear my heartbeat. The doctor confirmed that I am between 20-21 weeks old and getting longer. Me and Mom look a little something like this. . .

This was also a week when many people noticed Mom's belly. It has become almost impossible to wear normal clothes so Mom just bit the bullet and packed away several clothes, to make room for the maternity clothes. It was time! Even some of Mom and Dad's students have begun to ask, "are you having a baby?" So Mom has begun to tell them yes. At least they do not tell her she is fat! A couple of girls even came to Mom to tell on some other students for saying that she is having a baby. Mom told them that she is and they were all excited. All they had to do was ask!


Other than that, Mom and Dad are fine. They have some work to do tonight to clean out the garage and store away some things while the new room gets added downstairs. Once that is done, they can start putting the furniture together and getting my room together. They went to Home Depot and got paint color ideas last night. Papaw may come up to help Dad with the furniture and painting, since Mom isn't going to be much help. We will see. It gets more and more exciting each day, as I come closer to being a part of your world!

2 comments:

Damon + Maryam said...

I am so excited for you! My belly has been noticeable for a few weeks now, this being my third and all. and while I can still fit is some pants that are hipsters, all my shirts are way to small!

Unknown said...

What an exciting time! We're so happy to hear everybody is doing well. We love keeping up with you through the blog! Thanks, Mommy!