Saturday, August 16, 2008

Follow Up at the Doctor

Yesterday, I had a follow up appointment at my pediatrician's office. I did not have to see the doctor but I did have to have a weight check. The doctor wanted to monitor me because I keep losing a few ounces each time she sees me. When I was born I was 21.5 inches long and weighed 7 pounds 10.5 ounces. When I left the hospital, I had lost a few ounces, as expected, and was down to 7 pounds 4 ounces. Since most newborns lose a little weight after birth, they were not too concerned. On Monday, I weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces so they began to get concerned. Yesterday, I am pleased to announce that I put on 4 ounces, I am up to 7 pounds 6 ounces. I am eating well and working to get back to my birth weight as soon as possible.



Once I got home from the doctor, I was tuckered out. I really hate that they have to take all my clothes off, even my diaper, to weigh me. I wasn't real happy about that but Mom and Dad consoled me so I would not get too worked up. I still needed a nap when I got home though.



Mom, Dad, and I are still learning each other's routines and now that Mamaw left today, that is going to really be a test. Mom and Dad hope that they will manage but I am sure that they will do just fine. We are really enjoying each other so far.

2 comments:

Liz said...

After watching her suck that bottle down in under 30 seconds the other day, I wasnt too worried about her gaining her weight back! Let me know if you guys need anything now that the moms are gone! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're on your way back up to your fighting weight! Mom & Dad will do a great job. Mother's/Father's intuition goes a long way; and babies are actually pretty resilient as they're waiting for us to figure things out.