Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My First Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday was my first doctor's appointment and it went pretty well. Mom got me prepared in my first real outfit for my appointment. Dad picked out the outfit so we had to be sure that I looked my best to meet him at the doctor's office. Once I got ready, we were off. I handled the car ride with great poise, I slept! Once we got there we waited a while.



I really liked my nurse, she was really great. The only thing I didn't like was when she had to take all my clothes off because I really liked my outfit. After that though, I handled myself well and the doctor checked me out too. All was well with my appointment but Mom has to take me back to the doctor on Friday for a weight check. I lost a couple of ounces so need to be monitored. I have been eating good so I am sure that I will pick up some weight.



Dad went back to work yesterday so when we got home from the doctor, we napped together. Good thing because Mom was not doing so well. Mom had been having a low grade fever since we came home from the hospital. She was working so hard to be sure that she took great care of me that she let her fever go. Mamaw and Dad really got on Mom and insisted that she go to the emergency room because the fever and chills had persisted for 3 days now. Mom and Dad were gone a long time so it was a good thing that Mamaw and Granny were still here to take care of me. They returned early this morning and had to sleep but when they woke up, I was so happy to see them. I really missed them.



I am really growing and changing each day. Dad thinks that my face is filling out. I have really matured too. I can sleep in my bassinette now, chill in my bouncy seat (when Mom and Dad actually put me down), and am learning tolerate my diaper changes. What a difference a few days make!

5 comments:

Olá sou Adrielle, mãe, mineira, casada e apaixonada pela vida. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Lils said...

Lil Suga hated her diaper changes too, in a few weeks though you will get use to them. I love how stylish you already are!

Damon + Maryam said...

Mama please take care of yourself. A happy healthy mom = a happy healthy baby.

Liz said...

Sounds like she's doing great and you're feeling better! Glad things are coming together!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! We knew Dad would pick out something to keep baby looking good! Continue to rest and take care of yourself, Mom.