Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 Months and Holding . . .

Yesterday I turned 2 months old. As you may have noticed, most of my pictures Mom and Dad take show me having a ball. Well, that is because I am! That is up until yesterday!

Because I turned 2 months, I had to have my doctor's visit. Mom and Dad did not warn me that I would be getting 3 shots. I was just getting used to having to be stripped down to be weighed and measured and now this!!! Dad was the one who took me to my appointment and he did a good job! I love my dad! He cuddled me, comforted me, and kissed me while I had to get my shots. My stats this time were: weight-10 pounds, 11 ounces and height-22 1/2 inches long. That proved to be the easy part this visit. Mamaw warned Mom and Dad to be sure to give me Tylenol once I got my shots because I would be sore. The doctor did too. Dad brought me home from my visit and gave me Tylenol. Everyone claimed that would help but I am not so sure. I had a rough evening! I couldn't get comfortable, I didn't want to eat, and I couldn't sleep so good. Today was even worse! Now I am convinced that the Tylenol doesn't work! I am pretty tired because I cried a lot today and I had to be cuddled. Dad cuddled with me all day while I slept and Mom took over once she got home. I am eating better but boy, am I sore. Who would have thought that a couple of shots would wear me down like this! All I want to do is sleep! I am hoping that by tomorrow, I will be back to my happy self.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry the first set of shots are the worst.

Unknown said...

We hope you're feeling better today! Those shots definitely aren't fun!

Liz said...

Poor girl! Shots suck...but Casselle is right, the first set is the worst. Hang in there!

Damon + Maryam said...

The first set of shots is the worst! Evan goes next Friday, and we're going to give her the Tylenol about an hour before her appointment. That's what we've always done with the boys and it works pretty well.