Monday, October 20, 2008

Needy Weekend

This weekend was one in which I have to say, I was very needy. i just wanted to be close to Mom and Dad. Everywhere they went, I wanted to be. Everything they did, I wanted to do. And I just didn't want to miss any time with them, so I only took small cat naps, averaging 20-30 minutes. That was it. I guess you could say it all started on Friday evening. I got my first official piece of mail and well, since I had achieved mail status, I felt like it was time for me to stay awake in case I needed to take care of any pressing business. Once I received that mail, well Mom and Dad laughed, but I changed my outlook on the weekend.



On Saturday, it was no different. I was bigtime now. Even as Mom types, I am kicking the keyboard drawer in and out. Since it was Sweetest Day, Mom and Dad wanted to at least be able to spend some time together. We walked around the mall, which I love because I can look around and I have to admit, I do sleep pretty decent in my stroller. After that we enjoyed an evening out for dinner. Again, I wasn't about to let them enjoy it without hearing from me. Who needs Sweetest Day? I am the Sweetest now!

Sunday was another day that I just had to be in charge. Mom and Dad couldn't seem to be able to put me down. So since they had to get at least a few things accomplished, Mom had the idea to put me in my sling. I don't like my carrier but I was gettimg used to my sling. That darn Mom! Not only was she able to get things done, she managed to get me to sleep more than 30 minutes. Don't tell her but I actually enjoyed the movement and it knocked me right out.



To close off our weekend, I attended a birthday party and who would have thought that I would enjoy the video games the most. Mom thinks it is because of the light and color. I just really liked them and being able to hang out! Now we are all back to our weekly routine. But not me, I am too young to have a routine!

3 comments:

Sarah Marie & Adam Robert said...

Sarah loved her sling. It must be a girl thing. Glad to hear everything is going well for you and the fam!

Unknown said...

Watch out, Mom & Dad. Seems you may have a serious social butterfly on your hands. By the way, does she get cuter everyday or what?

Damon + Maryam said...

Good job mom. You outsmarted her again. I don't have a sling, but I do have my Sleepy Wrap and that is a lifesaver!