Thursday, October 16, 2008

Faking Me Out

Mom and Dad have now begun to what I like to call, "fake me out". Since I was born, I was a cuddler; I loved to cuddle when I am awake and I loved to cuddle really tight to go to sleep. Well I still definitely have my times when I want to cuddle, but now I just do not want to go to sleep. I am enjoying life so much that I refuse to go to sleep. I am eating more, getting my belly full, and I love playing. I do not like to go to sleep, as a matter of fact, I darn right refuse! Mom and Dad got the hint after a couple of "fits" and actually Dad was the genius who figured it out. I was so tired but I was too interested in what Mom and Dad were doing. They continue to tell me that it is not that exciting but a girl just cannot miss out on the fun! Well Dad tried everything, Mom tried everything! Dad was trying to watch Monday Night football so he took a shot at turning me in his lap to join in the fun. Since I couldn't miss out, I joined in. I watched football until I fell asleep. Now Mom and Dad know that I cannot KNOW that they are trying to put me to sleep. Mom will play with me in her lap and after so much fun, I just doze right off. Dad will hold me in his lap and watch television until I just doze right off. I admit, they are "faking me out" right now but I have more changes in store for them!

5 comments:

The Lils said...

Get ready mom and dad..babies are great at doing everything not to go to sleep. Just remember though it's two against one- so you should be able to win the battle.

Unknown said...

Mom & Dad, just remember "this too shall pass." Baby will keep changing and work her way into the next phase. Great job figuring out what works right now!

Damon + Maryam said...

She's so funny. She's definitely going to keep the tow of you on your toes.

Erica said...

What a smart kid. She's figured out how to get in some football watching.

Liz said...

Oh yeah...they're smart little things arent they? Then as soon as you think you've got things figured out, she'll change it up on you again!