Tuesday, February 24, 2009

6 Month Appointment

Yesterday, Dad took me to my 6th Month appointment. It was a little overdue but better late than never. My pediatrician is pretty popular so it is often hard to get in quickly. Needless to say . . . here is how it went.

My stats are: Weight-16 pounds (50%) and Height-26 inches long (80%). Mom and Dad think I have definitely grown more than just a half inch since last time so they are planning their own measuring time.

I have started waking back up in the night so Dad asked about that. The doctor said that I may need more food. Right now, I have been eating 2 meals a day and bottles but he suggested maybe it was time for 3! I may be hungry at night. He also coached Dad on how to help me develop sleep patterns where I become more consistent in sleeping through the night. We are well on our way!

Lastly and sadly, I had to get more shots. I looked at my nurse very disapprovingly when she came in because I remembered her; she gave me those pokes last time. After I gave her the death look, she still proceeded to poke me! I screamed but afterwards, Dad did a good job settling me down. Today, I am okay but my legs sure do hurt. I took some Tylendol to relax me and I should be fine by tomorrow. I am just hanging out with Dad and Lexy right now, she must know I do not feel good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Both of our boys slept through the night fairly early but starting waking again at about 7 months. With Grant we got up and did stuff and sort of prolonged the whole thing. With Evan we would let him talk and "cry" (although it never was really crying as much as whimpering) and he was back to sleeping through the night in a matter of days. Maybe something happens around 7 months? anyway, hope you figure out some self-soothing techniques soon. Maybe cereal before bed to try to keep full through the night?

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!! Happy have a year!

Karen Conde said...

Enjoy your updates so much. Sounds like she is growing just right. I don't blame her, WHO LIKES SHOTS - DA NO ONE. Such a sweet picture with Lexy. It has been sooooo many years for us, but Dick and I like before bed snacks and I think everyone should have a little snack before bed.