Monday, September 22, 2008

Mom's First Day Back to Work

Today was tough! Mom had to go back to work and I really missed her. I know that she missed me too. She told me that she even cried as soon as she walked out the door! The great part about it is that since Dad is back in school, he gets to stay home with me during the day. What a treat! And it made it a LITTLE easier for Mom to go back to work. Of course, it definitely was hard to be without me for the day but she survived. We will see how she does the rest of the week. Dad and I had a good day but we missed her! When she got home, she was super tired, I could tell, but we spent a lot of time together. I didn't go to sleep the entire evening, I missed two naps and when I finally crashed about 9:30pm this evening, I crashed HARD! (Mom did too)

3 comments:

Damon + Maryam said...

It's great the she gets to stay home with Dad. That will make the transition much easier. I'm sure you won't be putting in any late afternoons at work, you'll be rushing home ASAP!

Liz said...

It's SO hard, I know! But it makes the time you DO get to spend with them that much better!

Unknown said...

It's always so hard for mom. It really is so good for Dad and baby to find their own way of doing things. Try to get rest when you can as you start your new routine!