Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend with Mamaw and Papaw

This weekend was great! Mamaw and Papaw made the trip up for the holiday weekend and it was great to see them. Mamaw seems to think that I got even longer than when I was born. She said everyone hopes I will be a piano player since I have such long fingers. Papaw loves to hold me, especially when I am asleep. I sleep so good with Papaw. It was a nice weekend. On Friday night, we relaxed with Mamaw and Papaw. On Saturday, we joined my cousins, aunt, and uncle for an early dinner. I have to share Mamaw and Papaw when they are here because my cousins live here too. It is kind of hard since I love being with them, but I've gotta share!



On Saturday night, I needed something to relax me so Mamaw thought it would be a great idea to give me a bath. This is the first FULL bath that I have had so everyone was a bit nervous. I do not like my sponge baths so they were not quite sure how I would respond. I actually really enjoyed it. I remained calm and enjoyed the warm water. Mom and Dad were thrilled to know that I was maturing!




Before Mamaw and Papaw left today, we all met for breakfast. This was my first official restaurant visit and I handled it pretty well. I had a wet diaper when we got there but once Mom and Mamaw got me changed and fed me, I was good to go. I handled the rest of the trip like a pro!



Later this afternoon, we packed up to go for a Labor Day get together with one of Dad's friends. He lives on the lake and it is simply beautiful out there! I enjoyed the outside for a little while but had to spend a lot of my time inside so I did not get too hot. Dad's friend is not used to babies so Dad had to give him a crash course in baby feeding and holding. He did pretty good. It was a nice time but there was so much going on that I did not want to go to sleep. So the first thing I did when we arrived home was to eat then fell fast asleep after a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Damon + Maryam said...

Busy weekend little one. I bet you slept well after all that excitement.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great weekend! Won't be long before you really start to love those baths.

Liz said...

Sounds like such a nice holiday! Glad to hear baths are getting easier! Hope to talk to you soon!